Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Better Just Dig In...

Dear Boys..

I have been thinking about how to start this blog for so long.  I had this great idea that the best way for me to create memories for you is to start a blog, and write letters to you in it.  For some reason, I am better at letter writing than I am at writing a "blog post" about something specific.  I'm not a scrapbooker.  I am not very crafty.  So, the next best thing is this blog...I hope.  I hope some day you will read it and enjoy reading it as much as I know I will enjoy writing it. 

So, how to start how to start.  Well, one thing that has been on my mind so much lately is just how happy I am.  I am so proud of you boys.  Your dad and I are so incredibly lucky to have you.  We get so many compliments about what nice boys you are, or what good manners you have, or what nice brothers your are to one another, and while I always say thank you and make some snide comment about how I'm glad people see it now because give you a few minutes and you will be wrestling on the family room floor and within minutes, the inevitable tears will come and you will be screaming and hitting each other wishing none of you ever even had a brother at all.  But, truth be told, you are really good, nice boys.  When it comes right down to it, you truly care about others and each other.  And, I have to admit, I don't know really how much it comes from parenting.  I think that ultimately, we are just insanely lucky to have boys that are so nice, smart, funny, and all around cool.  (you are sort of cute too!)  So, that's I guess the initial thing I want to tell you.  Mostly because it has been on my mind a lot lately. 

I guess that is how I will begin. I don't want to get too sappy for you all in one day.  I know you will read this and just roll your eyes and say, "Mom, were you crying when you wrote this??"  Just remember boys, I am the only gal in this ol' household of ours and sometimes, I am going to get sappy, and I AM going to cry.  You might as well get used to it now because if you do, it will serve you well later in life. 

I have a lot in mind for this blog.  I have so much to say.  One thing I do promise though.  I will write a lot in this blog, a lot of really important stuff, fun stuff, silly stuff, serious stuff.  But, I promise, I will ALWAYS talk to you.  I will never write something in this blog in lieu of talking to you.  And, I want you always to know that you can tell me ANYTHING.  If there is something serious, funny, sad, or silly on YOUR mind, I promise you that I will always be there for you to talk to.  Together, we can work through anything.  And, I believe in you.  You can do ANYTHING. 

And so it begins... 

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment