Monday, November 8, 2010

Dear Joey,

This morning you marched right up to me and said, "Mom, I had a dream last night."  You had that cute little smile on your face and it was pretty obvious that whatever it was, it was a good dream. 

I asked you what that dream was about.  "Mom, I dreamed that A talked to me at school"  A is the little gal you have been smitten with for the last two years.  I'm not sure what it is about this little girl, but you have a crush like no other.  You don't talk about her all the time or gush about how cool you think she is.  Her name just comes up every now and again.  Usually it has something to do with how amazed you are that she talked to you. 

One day in school a few weeks ago you said, "Mom!  A talked to me at school today."  I told you how nice that was and asked what she said, thinking you guys had some kind of in depth conversation in second grade or something!  You said, "she said Hi."

That was it.  She just said "Hi" and you were happy as a clam. 

Well, here's my take on it little guy.  Why wouldn't she say hi to you?  You are sweet, nice, and friendly.  There isn't a girl out there who shouldn't want to say hi to you whenever they get the chance.

But, don't worry about this one girl.  There will be plenty of girls wanting to talk to you before it's all said and done.  I guess I will have to deal with that...


Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment