Wednesday, January 9, 2013

January 9, 2013

Dear Ben...

Tube
Been
Flap
Class
Prevent

Those words will be sketched in your memory forever. Your very first spelling bee! You did awesome!! When you told me you wanted me to sign you up for the spelling bee I will admit I sort of didn't want to. Please please understand that it wasn't because you couldn't do it or aren't good at spelling. It's just a parent thing where you never want your child to ever feel disappointment. But, the flip side of that is that if you don't allow your children to feel disappointment, they will never experience success either. I really really want you to have success and know you can do anything! So, I signed you up! You were looking forward to this ever since that day. I could not believe how excited you were to be in the Spelling Bee! Even this morning when I woke you up, I reminded you of the SB and you jumped out of bed and got dressed. Bouncing down the stairs you announced today was THE day! Your brothers did their normal harassment of you and we reminisced about the words they mis spelled in the bees they were in. When I got to school this afternoon your teacher even said you didn't seem nervous at all. I could tell you were a little shaky but i am so proud of the way you are able to overcome that! So, you made it through 5 rounds of words and qualified to spell in the older kids' bee next week. (With your brother Joey!) Besides having some disappointment that you "didn't win anything!" you had fun and it was a wonderful experience. We are so proud of you Ben! We would have been proud of you just for trying but going "the distance" is fabulous! We love you...

I love you little boy!

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment